30 April 2009

Pearls of the Guru

"A real guru is like an ice cube. He cools your consciousness and then disappears without a trace." [Chitrabhanu-ji]

"Everyone has his own path, his mission, and even if you take your Master as a model, you must always develop in a way that suits your own nature."
[Aïvanhov]

"My Guru became my all-in-all, my home, mother and father, everything. All my senses left their places, and concentrated themselves in my eyes, and my sight was centred on him. Thus my guru was the sole object of my meditation and I was conscious of none else. While meditating on him my mind and intellect were silent and I had thus, to keep quiet and bow to him in silence."
[Sri Sai Baba of Shirdi]




"Everything in the world was my Guru. Don't you know that Dattatreya, when he was asked by the king which Guru had taught him the secret of bliss, replied that the earth, water, fire, animals, men, etc., all were his Gurus and went on explaining how some of these taught him to cling to what was good and others taught him what things he should avoid as bad."
[Ramana Maharshi]

"This beggar prays to his Father to bless you all who have come here. My Lord Rama blesses you, My Father blesses you. Arunachaleswara blesses you. It doesn't matter to me what name it is. All the blessings of my Father for all of you! Well, that is the end. That is all."
[Yogi Ramsuratkumar]


1 comment:

saisevak said...

well said GURU IS THE TARAKA MANTRA THAT CAN FERRY US ACROSS THE OCEAN OF SAMSARA