To view interactive maps of the various Prakarams of Arunachaleswarar Temple, visit my Website Arunachala Samudra at this link here.
In the meantime below is a Map of the Third Prakaram of the Temple to show the sequence in which Aarti is performed to the Panchamoorthies inside Arunachaleswarar Temple before they begin their circumambulation of the mada veedhis (perimeter streets) around the Big Temple.
In the below map from my Website, the sequence of the five aartis is indicated by the numbering 1 to 5.
|Map showing the 5 Aartis during Deepam Processions|
1. The beginning spot is at the back plinth in the Kalayana Mandapam. First Aarti.
2. The Panchamoorthies are then carried out of the front entrance of the Kalyana Mandapam, go left in the corridor between the outside of the Mandapam and the Shiva Sannidhi. Second Aarti.
3. At the end of the corridor, the procession turns right and the aarti is then performed in front of the Gods as they are facing the Hill (near the Arunagiri Mandapam). Third Aarti.
4. Continuing clockwise the procession passes the Shrine to the Goddess on its left until it reaches the Yagasala Mandapam. Where the fourth aarti is performed. Fourth Aarti.
5. After the fourth aarti, the Panchamoorthies are then carried out through the various Prakarams and exit Arunachaleswarar Temple through the Thittivasal Gate. Inside the Alankaram Mandapam the Gods are decorated and put on their respective Vahanas. Afterwhich they receive their 5th Aarti. Fifth Aarti.
Thereupon the Panchamoorthies on their vahanas are pulled by tractor (except in the case of the Maha Radham i.e. giant wooden chariot which is pulled with chains by devotees . . . gents on the left and ladies at the right) around the perimeter streets of Arunachaleswarar Temple.