27 November 2006

Government Hospital


A short circuit at the Government Hospital on Friday night (November 24th) forced patients in the Maternity Ward to run for safety when an electric junction box caught fire due to a short circuit. Seeing this, in-patients ran out of the hospital thereby triggering panic among patients in other wards, who also ran out of the Hospital.

Fire service personnel rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire.

It sounds a pretty miserable night the poor patients had of it. Its bad enough to be stuck in hospital but it gets even worse when it starts burning down! The electric juntion box must have been burning and smoking quite dreadfully to panic the patients enough to force them to actually run outside!

2 comments:

Divyakka said...

A miserable night, indeed! Hope all is fixed in a PROPER way now, and not just a temp "ajustment"!

Arunachala Living said...

Now Divya you've spent enough time in India to know that temp 'adjustments' are the usual solution!

Poor things having to run out of the hospital in the middle of the night - if there is one place you would expect to be safe its a hospital!!