Pradosham Vrat is observed on the thirteenth day of each lunar fortnight. The most recent Pradosham to be observed at Arunachaleswarar Temple occurred on Sunday, 17 July, 2016.
|Nandi, 3rd Prakaram during abhishekam|
|Aarti to the Gods, Lord Nandi at 3rd Prakaram|
|Procession of Lord Arunachaleswarar on Golden Rishaba|
Pradosham Vrat has its own benefits according to the day on which it occurs. These Pradoshams are known as follows:
1. Soma Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on a Monday, it is known as Soma Pradosham. If the Pradosham Vrat falls on a Monday, all the desires of Lord Shiva’s devotee are fulfilled and they become a positive thinker.
2. Bhaum Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on Tuesday, it is known as Bhaum Pradosham. The benefit of Bhaum Pradosh Vrat is that it gives relief from health problems and enhances physical health. It also brings prosperity.
3. Saumya Vaara Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on a Wednesday, it is known as Saumya Vaara Pradosha. This day of Pradosham Vrat endows a person with education, knowledge, fulfillment of wishes and progeny.
4. Guruvaara Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on a Thursday, it is known as Guru Vaara Pradosham. On this day, Divine blessings are received from the ancestors or Pitru. All existing dangers get eliminated by observing a fast on this day.
5. Bhrigu Vaara Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on a Friday, it is known as Bhrigu Vaara Pradosham. This Pradosham Vrat benefits by removing negativity and opposition; resulting in success and happiness.
6. Shani Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on a Saturday, it is known as Shani Pradosham. The benefit of Shani Pradosham Vrat is it brings promotion. Lost wealth is received if Shani Pradosham Vrat is observed.
7. Bhaanu Vaara Pradosham: When Pradosham Vrat falls on a Sunday, it is known as Bhaanu Vaara Pradosham. If Pradosham Vrat falls on this day and is observed by devotees, it results in the attainment of peace and longevity.