8 September 2017

Support Arunachala Grace Network

Dear Arunachala Friends, this is Meenakshi Ammal author of Arunachala Grace. Let me tell you how things are going with the Arunachala Network. 

To begin with since its inception and up to the current time the Network has received over 2 million visitors. Around 70% of those visitors reside in India and the remaining 30% from countries from all around  the world.

Front Page of Arunachala Samudra Website

Arunachala Grace Network is comprised of a website:

And  five supporting Blogs.

As well as being the author of the Website I also author and maintain the five supporting Arunachala Blogs. Sumathi at Chennai continues her brilliant work as Webmaster for the Arunachala Samudra website. 

In order to take advantage of better terms, conditions, maintenance, and a larger content capacity to accommodate the growth of the site, the Website’s Server was recently transferred to a new Dedicated Server and Hosting Company.
To get the website even to its current level has been a long journey. Researching information, facilitating interviews, translating Tamil narratives and material into English, purchasing copyright photographs and material to be used on the sites, arranging and taking additional photographs and/or videos at various events etc.

Over the last few months my Webmaster and I, have been reformatting and recoding the Arunachala Samudra Website thereby making it accessible to all internet devices. The restructuring work is 90% complete and the fixed headers and navigation bars, photo galleries, flash drivers, plug-ins and audios can now be accessed by all internet devices i.e. computer, android, smart phone and tablet.

All that remains to be done in this particular upgrade—is to reformat existing videos already onsite and create a new Video Gallery section on the Website. After the video work has been completed from thereon we will be uploading new information, photographs and features to the Website.   

The thought behind the creation of Arunachala Samudra website, has been not only to make an archival record of this Holy Sthalam (and the people of it) but also eventually to have programmes on site that make visiting the Arunachala Samudra website an interactive, immersive and spiritually uplifting experience. 

Arunachala Darshan from Ayyankulam Theertham

I have over 200,000 photos on my computer hard drive connected with Arunachala and Tiruvannamalai. Now that the website has a large content capacity with the new Hosting Company, discussion is underway on how to create a photo archive on a dedicated section of the Website.

The speed of the Website development depends on the financial support from friends of Arunachala. If you wish to help with this service to Arunachala, for your convenience a PayPal donation function is available on the left column of this Blog page.

For any queries and/or additional information regarding alternative donation methods, you can get in touch with me direct at:

For those who wish to help in other ways by donating articles, narratives, audios, videos and/or photographs of Arunachala please also get in touch direct.

With Arunachala Light and Grace
Meenakshi Ammal

No comments: